3 signs you are getting old
1. you realize the "oldies station" is playing music that you grew up with
2. you have to start dying your "virgin" hair to cover the greys
3. your body just isn't the same it use to be.
My thoughts lately have been especially on #3. I've always been lucky to have a fast metabolism and have spent most of my life eating whatever and not doing much regular exercise and still staying slim. Even after having babies I was able to drop the weight fairly easily. However, I have noticed in the last year that this is the case no longer. I am having extra fluff pop up in places that make me unhappy. As of last Friday I have decided it's time to do something about it. My new mantra will be "I can do this".
Here's the plan:
I LOVE sweets. I mean LOVE, LOVE. I crave sweets all day, I just can't get enough. I am going to put an honest effort into cutting back on sugary snacks. I will try to eat more fruits and have healthy snacks when the cravings hit. I don't want to set myself up with unrealistic expectations so I will not claim to stop eating treats (which will never happen), just to cut back.
Although I have always been pretty active, I've never really stuck to a regular workout regiment. I have recently realized that I actually enjoy jogging. I love the feeling of being outside all alone with music in my ears, to feel the pounding of my feet, and the wind in my face. My plan is to go for a run 4 times a week and do an ab workout every day.
I've been thinking how there isn't much in life that can't be changed. If your not happy, do something about it. Make a necessary change in your life so that you can be happy. This is why I need to do this for myself. I need to be happy with who and what I am. I need to feel good in my body. Besides, if I am going to spend the summer in a swimming suit at Seven Peaks, I want to be confident enough to enjoy it.
So it's official, it's been made public. I am hoping by actually writing this that I will feel more drive to stick to it. Here's to a new, leaner, healthier me.
2 comments:
I have learned that is is okay to indulge once in a great while. With that being said I have not had any cheesecake in 5 years. I have ice cream once a month. I had the first cupcake I have eaten in 6 months this last weekend. Sadly smore's are my weakness in the summer.
I only buy sweets my kids & hubbie like. I have told my self over and over fruits and veggies before candy and pop. And in the end I feel WAY better because of that choice. It's not easy, but YOU ARE WORTH IT! I know you will do great!
Your Awesome :) Love you!
Post a Comment