I've got alot of thoughts bouncing around in my head lately so I hope I can get them out and make a little bit of sense at the same time.
First, why do we feel the need to criticize and judge other people? No one of this earth is perfect, no one. Everyone makes mistakes, does dumb things, says and does things someone won't agree with, and chooses how to live their own life. Face it, you say or do things that other people think are wrong. Everyone does it. So none of us are in a place where we can judge other people for the things they say/do. It's tiring to listen to a person complain about what another person is doing because they don't agree with it. Everyone has their own opinions and nobody else is entitled to feel the same. Why can't we just love our family and friends because they are are just that - our family and friends. Although we may not always agree with their choices, it is not our place to judge. Why can't we all just get along :)
Second, we take so much for granted. Everyone is blessed in some way, we all have something to be grateful for. But how often do we moan about what we don't have. I was reminded of this today after receiving some news from a friend. She and her husband have been through more than anyone I know trying to have children. They have seriously been through it all. Through 10 years they were blessed with 2 children. Today they found out that their very last attempt at having a child failed. She could have reacted in so many ways and this was how she chose "Please don't feel sorry for us. We never know what God has in store for us. we feel grateful for being blessed with 2 children and we will spend our time loving them." What an amazing example she has been to me. Sometimes when we look around the world it is easy to feel sorry for ourselves and what we may or may not have. But everyone has things to be grateful for and we should spend more time being thankful for those things than worrying about what we don't have. Especially in times of trial, we should look at all we have and just be thankful.
Lastly, it's amazing how it feels to remember falling in love. Last night Benjamin was reading excerpts from his journal to me from before we were married and then in the first couple of years of our marriage. It's so interesting how my heart soared hearing his sweet words of falling in love and realizing we would get married. I got excited again when he read about deciding to have a baby and finding out we were expecting. My love for him has grown over the past 13 1/2 years, but remembering falling in love with him made me feel a renewed love and appreciation that he is my husband. I guess its hard to explain, but its fun to bring back that giddy feeling of having someone to love and cuddle everyday forever. I hope I can keep that fire and excitement alive in our marriage, I hope I always feel my heart flip he smiles just for me, I hope I always love to have him hold my hand, I hope I can feel like a young girl in love everyday forever.
Well, there it is. A couple of thought that have been mulling around in my brain. I hope I can learn from this and use it to help me be a better person.
2 comments:
AMEN SISTA! I love this. We all have trials and we all do the best we can with what we have. We should all just keep that in mind before we judge.
Second, it's always sweet to go back and read all the ways we're blessed with our spouses. I can't ever thank the stars above for the sweetheart that I call husband. I loved reading this blog! It really hit home!
Thank you!!! I loved this blog.. :) I also still have those same feelings for Kennen.. 15 years later.. I love when he walks into the room and smiles and then comes and gives me a gentle kiss.. Melts my heart still.. :) Wishing you all a happy week... Much love to you and the boys.
Post a Comment