Monday, May 28, 2012
A new Adventure
I have always wanted to go on the pioneer trek to martins Cove. It sounds like such a neat experience. Our stake is going this year and since Benjamin is the Young men's president he has been planning on going. Then we got a call asking us if we could go as a ma and pa. I am excited for the opportunity yet a little nervous about the responsibility involved with being in charge of 10 teenagers. I am glad that I decided to start running. That will be a huge help in preparing for this journey. The 3rd day we are hiking rocky ridge which I believe is about 19 miles. (by the way, checking in on my running progress, I have gone 3-4 miles a day 4 times a week since setting my goal. I am proud of myself for sticking with it so far.) I just started reading "The Price We Paid" which is about the Willie and Martin handcart companies. We are working on meeting all of the kids in our family, getting their paperwork, and finding them a pioneer name to represent so they can can learn about that person. I know this is going to be a great experience and the perfect opportunity to gain a better appreciation for everything the pioneers suffered for their faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so excited for you to have this experience! Our stake went when I was 18, and it was probably the most memorable experience I had as a teenager.
P.S. Great job on keeping your running goals! I'm hoping to start running again this week--I had to take a couple of weeks off because my knees didn't appreciate the increase in activity.
You are going to LOVE doing the trek. When you find out dates let me know. We live 45 mins from Martins Cove. :) Would love to meet you on your first day just to say HI. (usually you all meet eat lunch and adjust for a few then have a brief meeting with the missionaries there. ) Congratulations on running!!!!!
Sounds like a lot of fun! I am sure that you will do great!
Our young women are going on trek too, and I've been praying that I wouldn't be asked to go. I've always dreaded it. Prayers answered!!!! Yay! Savannah will enjoy it, but I get to stay home out of the sun and dirt.
Coby and I were a ma and pa years ago for this same pioneer trek. It was one of the neatest experiences I've ever had. You will love it! Good luck!!
Post a Comment