I finally found a few minutes to sit down a give a few updates. I hope I can remember everything I wanted to remember. Just to warn you I will probably do this in one huge post.
--Jaxon graduated from neighborhood preschool. We had a little party where the kids got to do some crafts and play some games and of course eat some snacks. I just can't believe he is on his way to kindergarten.
--Benjamin got to spend a week in Boston with a group from work. He had to spend most of the time in meetings but he did sneak in a little sight seeing. He actually even survived the plane ride.
--Nathaniel participated in the 5th grade states fair. He chose South Carolina since he has an aunt and uncle that live there. he had alot of fun learning about his state. Here's his diorama with a trivia question "what is another nickname for South Carolinians?" Do you know? Thanks to Aunt Alisha for that funny little tidbit.
--We got to take a tour of the new movie sight the church built to film the short movies they are putting on their website. It was really neat to see how they built it and even neater to go home and watch the movies. They asked us to not put any photos online so sorry I can't share any. You'll just have to believe me when I say its cool. Go watch the movies, they are cool too.
--We haven't been able to find time to get out and do any camping yet. One night we had a campout in our backyard. We set up the tent and cooked dinner in the firepit. I made dutch oven chicken cordon bleu which was way yummy. I then made a smores cobbler that I kindof burnt and then I dumped the lidfull of ashes in the dutch oven so it was a total loss. Oh well, the dogs had a nice treat. (have you ever seen a dog eat melted marshmallow, its hilarious). We settled into our bags and projected a movie on the side of the tent. It wasn't the mountains but we had a fun campout right in our own backyard.
Well, that's all I can't come up with for now. There are a few other occasions that I want to dedicate an entire post to. Sp here's the end of my big post and the start of our summer. Yea, we love summer!



No comments:
Post a Comment