Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Oops!!

Sunday we spent the afternoon decorating our freshly cut Christmas tree and making it look all pretty and sparkly.
 It was getting late so we sent the kids off to bed, Caleb was already asleep on the floor next to the tree.  I went into my room and soon heard a big thump.  I hurried into the other room to find that the tree had tipped over right on top of Caleb.  The funny part is that he didn't even move, he continued sleeping soundly in the middle of pine branches and ornaments.  Benjamin told me to get the camera but I was too worried about the water and sap on the carpet and just wanted to get it cleaned up quickly.  Now the tree sits half decorated on our front porch waiting for the carpet to dry out enough so we can move it back and re-hang all of the sparkly balls.  ARG!  Today an artificial tree doesn't sound like that bad of an idea (I won't do it, I won't do it, I won't do it).
Caleb among the ornaments after we moved the tree

1 comment:

cami said...

I needed a good laugh! I am sorry about the tree!