For the weekend of the 4th we went up to Payson lakes to camp with my family for the weekend. The best part about camping with family is that everyone takes a turn to cook a meal so we only end up being in charge of 1 meal. It's so nice! We made spaghetti for dinner the first night which turned out pretty good although we have a TON leftover. It's so hard to judge portions!
Saturday we headed for the lake to hang out for the day. We hauled up 8 homemade kayaks so everyone spent lots of time on the water. There was also plenty of swimming. I enjoyed lots of relaxing, reading, and sudoku. Unfortunately people weren't generous enough with the sunscreen and there were lots of sunburns that night. That night we had a traditional camping meal, hotdogs roasted over the fire with chips and fruit followed by a smores bar. There were 4 different kinds of marshmallows with plain chocolate and peanut butter cups. I am a traditionalist when it comes to smores so give me a plain marshmallow and little hersheys and I am good.
The next day was Sunday so we got up and drove down so I could attend ward council and teach sharing time in our ward. It was also Caleb's birthday I will post about that separately. After church we headed back up the canyon for a yummy dinner of ribs and potatoes. We stayed up late playing cards with my sister and her family.
Monday most everyone packed up after breakfast to head home. A few of us spent the last day at the lake. The boys all went fishing in the kayaks while my sister and I stayed on shore and read. My kids kept getting after me for not doing anything and I told them that relaxing is exactly the fun I wanted to have.
It was a great trip, we enjoyed hanging out with the family and enjoying the fresh air in our beautiful mountains.
 |
| Gorgeous Scenery! |
 |
| Benjamin trying out Nathaniel's little raft |
 |
| Caleb and Ethan loved "kayak surfing" |
 |
| Benjamin and Uncle Al taking a lakeside snooze |
 |
| Benjamin and Jaxon enjoying a morning fire |
 |
Jaxon's pet moth he caught and tortured all morning
And for some camping entertainment, the spaghetti eating squirrel type animal. We set out some leftover spaghetti noodles and this animal came and ate half the plate. Pretty funny.
|
1 comment:
What a fun camping trip!
Post a Comment