Friday, June 24, 2011

The Joys of June

These are a few things that have brought me joy so far this summer.
- walking out to check on the garden and seeing the neat little rows of green come to life.  Yeah!  Even though we planted early everything is growing.  If fact we can't even keep up with the spinach.
- watching the boys become better swimmers during lessons.  Ethan's lesson are even in the 12 feet deep water and he is doing great.
- warm nights when the suns stays up late and the neighborhood is alive with children playing and adults chatting.
- gathering around our fire pit for dinner and trying different kinds of tin foil dinners.
- the boy's excitement when we make a trip to visit Camp Big Springs.
- picking up my Bountiful Basket and having a fridge load of fresh fruits and veggies for super cheap.
- smoothies, popsicles, fudge bars, and ice cream
We are finally getting some true summer weather but you won't hear me complain.  I am a summer girl and I will take the heat over cold any day.  I look forward to the adventures the rest of summer will bring and I am especially excited for our upcoming camping trips.

1 comment:

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

Haven't checked in for a while, but it looks like you guys are doing great! I can't believe all the great fun you're having--and I'm jealous of your spinach! Sounds YUM! We have jalapenos growing out of our ears---wanna trade? We really miss you guys!