Over the past week we celebrated Caleb's and Benjamin's birthdays. We were camping during Caleb's birthday and he decided he wanted to share his cake with the entire family. We made a 3 layer chocolate and yellow marble cake with chocolate frosting. It was yummy and I was glad to share it so I wouldn't sit and eat the whole thing. He said it was the best birthday he eve had so that made me happy. Monday when we got home and cleaned up from camping we went to get some dinner and see Cars 2 for a final birthday celebration.
Later in the week was Benjamin's birthday. He was lucky enough to have a day off from work. He decided he wanted me to go with him to run the Provo River in our canoe. I was admittedly nervous about the idea but it was his birthday so I went along. It was fun, yet sort of terrifying. The river was mostly calm other than a few tense moments of rapids and bridges. At one point we took on so much water that the canoe was nearly tipping over. We had to find a place to pull out and empty it. It was nice to spend some time together. Thanks to my parents for taking the boys for the afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment