Friday, April 15, 2011

Costo-What?????

This morning when I got and went to get in the shower, I had a sudden shooting pain in the left side of my ribs.  It was so painful I had to stop where I was and hope it would subside.  It really didn't so I carefully showered and got dressed in pain so I could go find Benjamin and get his "expert" advice.  He was a little concerned so he quickly made a doctor's appointment.  After talking to the doctor and some chest x-rays, he told me he had a prognosis but he needed to do one more test to make sure it wasn't a blood clot or something else dangerous.  So I headed for a finger poke and then settled into wait for the results.  The doctor came back to tell me the test came back negative, thank goodness.  Anyway, his diagnosis is costochondritis (never hear of it), but I guess it's an inflammation of the cartilage in the ribs.  I just have to take it easy, take a prescription and use lots of heat.  I am very relieved that it is not more serious and easily fixed.  Right now it is just extremely painful and any movement of my torso makes it worse.  It's a good thing my house is clean because today I am doing a lot of laying on the couch with a hotpack.   I am just thankful it's an easy fix and not anything more serious.

6 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

I'm sorry you're hurting! Hopefully those heat packs will help quickly and you can go back to doing what you'd like to.

Lori said...

Hope you start feeling better soon! You should have plenty of helpers to pamper you-enjoy it!

Cheyenne said...

My goodness! That sounds awful! I'm sorry :( I'm glad it's a quick fix, sorry it's there at all though!

Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andie said...

Never fun being sick... hope you feel better soon. This has been the easist spring breaks we have had, and no one has fought, but tonsils will do that Jonathon & emily feel your pain in one way or the other.

Amy said...

Hi Melinda, It is Amy Smith, I have had that before! It is not fun. Are they making you go to physical thearpy? I hope you are feeling better. I love to look and your blog and see what your family is up too.