Sunday, April 10, 2011

Conference Weekend

We enjoyed watching General Conference last weekend.  Of course, I love to hear the council of the prophet and the apostles.  It's always an uplifting weekend.
I always make kits to keep the kids occupied and attentive and they always look forward to watching conference because of it.  In fact, when it began on Saturday, we were driving home from some errands.  The kids were all in a panic that we weren't home to watch conference even though we had it on the radio.  We always play BINGO that includes treat prizes and I offer a bigger prize for anyone who completes a certain amount of the worksheets that require them to listen to the talks.  Sunday morning we made swedish pancakes and even though we started out with just the traditional maple syrup, we ended up with bananas, strawberries, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. I think Ethan is the only one who ended up eating syrup. Delicious!!

One of the prizes was gum and by the end of the Sunday morning session they had all earned that prize.  Our between session activity included bubble blowing contest.  Benjamin easily won and the kids were all entertained by the big bubbles he could create.  Here's a few videos for your enjoyment.
Here is the biggest bubble that we caught on film
 
Here Nathaniel gives it a try
And finally, Jaxon's attempt at bubble blowing

No comments: