Boy, have we been enjoying the sunshine! We have been blessed with some GORGEOUS weather the past few days. The only problem is that I get nothing done in the house because I just want to be outside in the sun. Besides, the neighborhood is coming out of hibernation and there are always neighbors outside to chat with. Thus I have spent many an afternoon outside catching up with neighbors while all the kids run and play. Pure bliss I tell ya!
Saturday we took the canoe and our newly built kayaks to Salem pond for some fishing. It was the first launch for the kayaks and I was more than nervous about riding in one. I am happy to say that I stayed dry and actually enjoyed a relaxing paddle around the pond. I even read my book while the boys fished. Unfortunately the trip was cut a bit short by a storm that blew in but it was fun while it lasted.
That night I inflicted my family with "Singin' in the Rain" (love that movie!). They covered their eyes and groaned about many parts but today they are still singing the songs. I think they liked it even though I doubt they would admit it.
I know that spring in Utah means we will probably still get more snow and cold temps, but I will take, and enjoy, every marvelous day of sunshine that we get.
- oh and my mom pointed out that I need a spring picture to put at the top. Too true! I will have to work on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment