Thursday, March 3, 2011

Can't Wait to Get my Hands in the Dirt

I am getting so excited to do gardening.  Last year we got the grass in and all of the flower beds shaped out.  This year I get to start filling them.  A friend brought over a stack of plant mail order catalogs and I have been pouring over them dog earring all the flowers I want.  I sit and image my flower beds flowering over in temple square quality.  Of course, then I wake up and remember that my thumb is nowhere near green and I am usually lucky to even keep any plants alive all summer.  But alas, that is about to change.  I am determined to have a beautiful yard.  I checked out several gardening books from the library and I am studying what plants will grow best where.  I can't wait to start beautifying.  We were motivated by said friend and have already ordered nearly everything for our vegetable garden.  And I mean EVERYTHING.  You name it, we are probably planning on growing it.  It's so exciting!  I even ordered a yellow lilac bush, can't wait to see that!
Come Spring, Come!

Side note: I am ordering my blog books from blog2print.com

2 comments:

Holly said...

I also love to have flowers and a garden.. Since moving it is hard to find things the deer, rabbits and antelope won't eat. As far as the garden, it is such a short growing season we are now trying to figure out a way to make a greenhouse that will hold up to the wind. You will have to post pictures of all of your flowers and garden. Thanks for the info on the book. :)

Andie said...

I love daisy's and bleeding hearts... Have fun, if you need any help I am free most days