Benjamin and I cook many things from scratch rather than a mix. We just prefer most foods that way. Pancakes are one thing that we have always made from scratch. I can't remember the last time we used a mix. Anyway, we have been reading a parenting book on teaching your kids to be responsible. So this morning Benjamin decided to teach Caleb how to make pancakes, and to make it more simple he used a mix (that he found in the back of a cupboard somewhere). So Caleb was all proud of his pancakes as everyone sat down for breakfast. I took a bite and about gagged, I think I got 3 bites down. Then Nathaniel says "what is wrong with these pancakes? They don't taste right." Even Jaxon said "I don't like this pancake." Benjamin and I were chuckling to ourselves that nobody would eat the mix pancakes. I guess we have spoiled our kids with made from scratch buttermilk pancakes. YUM!
(Take no offense if you like to cook from a mix, I won't judge you. But come on, you've got to admit that anything made from scratch just tastes better.)
Side note: Primary was NUTS today. I wanted to lay down in the middle of the floor and cry. In fact, it's been pretty bad since the beginning of the year when we added 30 sunbeams. Having 70 kids under 7 in a room just ends up being pure chaos and nothing I do seems to keep them quiet. AAAHHHH!! I came home, put on sweats, and spent the evening vegging in front of a chick flick with a giant bowl of ice cream. (while Benjamin took the boys to cookie decorating party, thanks love!!) I guess I can take the tough times if I get rewards like that.
2 comments:
30 Sunbeams is crazy! I think we have maybe 30 kids total in our Junior Primary (another 12 in Senior). Good luck with that!
My kids would love just to get a pancake.. :) can't believe you have so many kiddos in primary, how cazy!!!
Post a Comment