I hate going to the dentist. I know, it's a strong word, but I truly hate it. I feel bad for dentists and the bad rep they have. Really it's nothing personal, I actually really like our dentist as a person. It's just unfortunate that he chose a career that involves inflicting torture on innocent citizens.
So I finally gave in to Benjamin's prodding and went for a checkup (I admit, it's been a few years). Today I spent an hour and a half with my beloved dentist getting 3 fillings. Of course they were in 3 different places in my mouth which meant I pretty much ended up with my entire face numb. Luckily the sweet gas filling my nose helped ease some of the discomfort as I drifted in and out of strawberry land. I am just glad to be done with it, even more when my face regains feeling.
Thanks Dr Marshall for a great time! See you in 6.
2 comments:
I just got a postcard from our dentist saying I am a year over due. yuck!! I don't like going either.
hahah I love this post because I also HAAATE the dentist...but it just so happens that my mother is my dental hygenist and everytime I got visit her at work she talks me into taking a trip to the dentist chair to check out my "red gums" because I "Don't floss enough..." The laughing gas is awesome though...I'm pretty much in LOVE with it to alsmost addiciton....I had veneers put on my entire upper set of teeth because of a roller skating accident so I am VERY familiar with that stuff ;) I just had my check-up on Monday, After what I thought to be just a nice luncheon with my mommy, she blindsided me with a teeth cleaning!!! (NO CAVITIES HURRAY!!)
Post a Comment