Sunday, February 27, 2011

Some Weekend Fun

We took the time this weekend to have some fun (even though we woke up to 6 inches of snow on Friday morning).  Friday Benjamin and I got to have a date.  Thanks to my mom and dad for watching the kids!! (we owe you!).  We went out with 3 other couples in our ward.  We met at Texas Roadhouse (of course) and although I am still a fan I am sorry to say that we were a little disappointed this time.  The food just wasn't as good.  Anyway, then we headed to the theater to see "Just Go With It".  Really funny movie, we laughed alot.  I won't recommend it just because there is alot of potential embarrassment there so if you see it, it's by your own choosing.  It's an Adam Sandler movie and that should explain it enough.  But really, really funny.
Saturday we spent the morning working on the house.  The basement has been disaster extreme so we dug in and got it to a better state.  Then everyone did their regular chores, you know bathrooms, vacuuming, and such.  After lunch we headed north to the Lehi pool for a little taste of summertime fun.  In fact, it was hard to remember that it was freezing cold and snowing outside while we were enjoying the warmth and smells of the pool.  I am always nervous how the boys will be in a pool after a winter of no swimming, but they jumped right in like little fish.  The smile never left Jaxon's face.  He was all over the place - standing under the fountains, going down on the slide, diving under water, I don't think I have ever seen him have so much fun.  We finally had to drag them out after 2 1/2 hours so we could head home for dinner.  That night we put on our jammies and snuggled in to watch Megamind.  It was a really fun weekend.

1 comment:

Holly said...

swimming sounds like so much fun! Glad you all had a great weekend.