Monday, June 7, 2010

Suumer Fun, Week One

Here's some of the fun we had for "Huck Finn week".
First we enjoyed having Benjamin home for memorial day and stayed busy.  We went dog training, hiked the Grotto in Payson Canyon, made homemade ice cream in a bag, and picnicked at a park in the canyon while doing some fishing.
Then we spent the week making popsicle sticks boats then taking them to a park to try them in a stream, we had an "anything goes" lunch when I let the kids pick whatever they wanted to eat (the meal consisted of sour watermelon candy, Mike and Ikes, and chocolate covered donuts. healthy, I know), and ended off with a backyard campout.  We made a fire, roasted marshmallows, and slept out in the tent.  It was a fun start to summer.
We have also spent plenty of time at the ball field, Nathaniel's team is currently in 1st place.  We attended a neighborhood BBQ which was a ton of fun and had some friends over for games and treats.  Party, party, party! 
This week is artist week, where we are going to experiment with different kinds of art, including a photo contest.

7 comments:

Holly said...

That is such a great idea. You are so creative. I am sure the boys loved every minute of last week. :)

Pays said...

What a fun idea! Sounds like you won't be bored this summer. P.S. we do need to get together. It seems like we can never make it when everyone gets together :(

Melissa Lasley said...

So, with your 'anything goes' meal, is it what you've got in the house, or do you go to the store and get what they want?

Cheyenne said...

That sounds like so much fun! You have such great ideas!

Melinda said...

The idea with the "anything goes" was to let them pick anything in the house they wanted to eat. However, I had not been grocery shopping in a while and didn't think we had anything fun. Thus we went to the store and I let them each pick one thing.

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

I love all your ideas for summer fun. I'm going to have to keep checking back so I can copy you whenever things get boring around here!

Andie said...

How do you come up with all this fun things to do? You amaze me! Way to go! I so look forward to hearing about your adventures over the summer keep up the great work! We should try to get together for lunch soon.