Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stopped by a Cop

I've been rather proud to claim that I've had a drivers license for 19 years and have never gotten pulled over by a cop.  (well, to be completely honest I do have to say it happened once.  I was 17, driving my parents truck to school, and got pulled over for expired plates.  But then, since it was my parents vehicle,  it wasn't really my fault.  Thus it doesn't count, right?)  Anyway, the other day I was on my way home from Payson when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw flashing lights. My first thought was "WHAT?".  So I pulled over and the cop comes up and says "I pulled you over because you didn't come to a complete stop at that stop sign.  Did you know that?"  I was pretty shocked.  To make things worse, I was driving the truck which had expired plates (wait, that sounds familiar), but we were working on getting it registered and I had proof of it, plus there wasn't a current insurance card in the truck.  So anyway, he goes back to his car with my info and then comes back and says that he looked up our insurance and it is current (duh!).  Then "make sure you get a new card in the vehicle and get that registration taken care of.  Have a nice day."  That was it and I was on my way.  I have to say that it wasn't too bad an experience and the guy was actually pretty nice.  It gave us a little excitement for the ride and the boys something to talk about.

3 comments:

Andie said...

Well at least you didn't tear up I hear they hate that. Last ticket I got was in 1999 I lost it and started crying, no sympathy, Just a ticket to keep me company.

Melissa Lasley said...

I'm glad you had a nice cop pull you over. It makes the experience that much better.

Melissa Lasley said...

I'm glad you had a nice cop pull you over. It makes the experience that much better.