Monday, June 21, 2010

Ahoy Matey!

I know I promised info on our artist week but the week got so crazy that we didn't actually do very many of the activities I had planned.  I had to plan and carry out a primary activity day, since I still don't have a primary chorister I planned activities to teach the kids a father's day song, I had to talk in sacrament meeting, we've had tons of baseball games, and we've been building our firepit.  The only activity we did that week was a photo contest.  I gave each of the boys and disposable camera and let them go crazy.  They got some pretty fun shots.
Last week we had pirate week.  We made pirate hats out of paper bags, we made telescopes, pirate swords, and treasure boxes.  Friday we went on a pirate treasure hunt which ended in the kids digging up their treasure boxes that were filled with chocolate gold coins and silver gum.
 Saturday, after finishing up the firepit, we created a giant mud puddle in the back yard and played "walk the plank".  It didn't take long for the "plank" to become a diving board.  Soon everyone was taking the plunge into the mud.  We all ended up in the mud and the kids had a blast.  Ethan even claimed "this is the best day of my entire life!"  Even though his shorts got so heavy with mud that one time he went to jump in the mud and they fell right off.  Jaxon is the only one who didn't enjoy it, in fact after we made him get in the mud to take a family photo (the whole time screaming), he spent  the rest of the time hiding in the playhouse.  The worst part was cleaning the mud off and getting everyone to the bath without covering the house in mud.
We are really enjoying the warm sunny weather.  Our firepit is mostly finished and we have enjoyed tin foil dinners and plenty of smores.  Nathaniel's team made it into the city tournament so we will continue attending more games this week. 

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love the mud! what a brave mom you are, my boys would love it if I did something like that instead of always saying stay out of it. You are the coolest.

Erin P. said...

Who needs grass when you can have a pirate mud pit instead. Now all you need is a volleyball net and then you could get a little mud volleyball going on.

Jacob and Kimberly Palmer said...

LOVE the pictures of you guys playing in the mud :) You're such a good Mom :)

Melissa Lasley said...

I love it. I'm so jealous. Who needs grass anyway! I can't believe how long and curly Benjamin's hair is too. The boy's you always expect to be growing and looking different, but it has obviously been way too long since I've seen you guys!