Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Solitude

As many of you know, playing the role of wife and mother leaves very little "me" time.  I dedicate most of my time and energy to my family's needs and spending time with them.  With all the cooking, cleaning, roller blading, homework, diapers, laundry, basketball, scouts, nerf wars, and all, they keep me quite occupied.  Last night I was blessed with a few hours of solitude.  I went to the gym for my regular dose of Zumba (love it!)and afterwards went out a friend for a drink and onion rings (I know, strange way to follow up a hard workout).  After enjoying some "girl time" with her, she headed off to take a test (poor girl) and I headed home to an empty house (what a rarity).  Benjamin had taken the kids to his parents house for the evening.  I took advantage of the quiet with a nice, long bubble bath and a book.   I actually read an entire book yesterday, not something I've ever had time for before (it was called "The Sister Pact", a pretty good book).  I have to admit that as the night went on, I laid on the couch reading and wondering just when my family would come home.  Yes, I do miss them when they are gone. 
I do love my family and the role I play in life, but it was quite rejuvenating to take a night out for me and enjoy a little solitude.

3 comments:

Newlyweds4Ever+2 said...

I'm glad you finally got some "Me" time. Heaven know you don't get enough. Kudos to Benjamin for giving you some time. Sometimes, it's the most valuable gift!

Melissa Lasley said...

I'm glad you got some 'me' time. I think it is the Lord blessing us, that when we do have those few hours alone that we miss our kids/and hubbys and want to see them again.

Holly said...

yippy!! I love "me" time. Glad you had a great time.