I guess it was bound to happen. No matter what you do, it comes and goes and you find your self a year older. I spent the day trying to convince the boys that I am 24, but they are too smart to fall for that. Of course, they were so much more excited for the day than I, but I guess that's part of what makes the day fun. Caleb asked if I chose to go to Jumpin Jacks, Chuckie Cheese, or Pirate Island.
First of all I want to send out a heartfelt thank you to all of those who took a moment of your day to wish me well. I truly felt loved and cared for. Thank you all for your kind words. You all lifted my day a little higher and made it that much better. Truly - Thank you!
I really enjoyed my birthday this year. Benjamin took the morning off, got a babysitter and took me for pedicures. Yes, he got one too and I think he's hooked. We enjoyed the time sitting side by side in these fabulous massage chairs while our feet were rubbed and pampered. It was wonderful. Benjamin headed to work and I took advantage of a quiet afternoon during Jaxon's naptime by lounging on the couch and watching a movie (The Nanny Diaries, it was ok).
That night we ate dinner at Wingers then enjoyed some "better than ......" cake that Benjamin made. Yummy! He went overboard on gifts but I loved them all. I have been wanting a new camera and have been saving my money to buy one. He surprised me with a nice camera that has everything I wanted and more. Now I get to decide what else I want to spend my money on. I also got a Magic Bullet (the best way to make a smoothie, I wore my last one out), and tennis rackets and balls. I used to play tennis and have been wanting to pick it up again, now I am equipt to do it.
Onto another year of fun. I look forward to learning some new things and renewing some old hobbies.
4 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Glad you had a great day. Love ya!
Nice way to spend a birthday pampered from head to toe. As Jon likes to say "your only as old as the date on your birth certificate.
Happy Birthday~
Sounds like a very nice birthday. I am glad you had a good one. I love the boys' idea of a good night out to dinner. Brian and I got a real kick out of that one. See you next weekend.
Happy Birthday to you!! I'm glad you had a wonderful day!
Post a Comment