No, he isn't dead, I'll clear that up right off. Here's a quick story of Rocky's foot.
A couple of months ago we noticed that Rocky's foot was swollen. We took him to the vet where they figured he had a weed imbedded in his toe and they knocked him out to dig it out. A few days later he had chewed half of the toe off, I guess it's how dogs deal with pain. Anyway, we battled the sores and infection for several weeks. Another trip to the vet verified that Rock just wasn't getting better. An x-ray showed that the infection had gone to the bone and had started to dissintigrate the bone. The only fix would be to amputate the toe. We decided to try and fight it with several more rounds of antibiotics instead of putting $500 towards surgery. Well, we finally faced the fact that Rocky's toe wasn't getting better and he needed the surgery. We decided our best option was to offer him free to anyone who would pay for the amputation surgery. At his best, Rocky is probably worth at least $1500, so someone is really getting a great dog for a great deal. We received many calls right after posting the advertisment. A guy in Ogden decided to take him. Benjamin talked to the guy the day after he took him and he raved about how much they love him already. Rocky will be greatly missed, he is a wonderful dog. He has always been the perfect picture of "man's best friend". He just loved Benjamin and wanted to please him. He was great with the kids and would allow them to hug him and climb on him. Although it broke my heart to put him in someone elses truck (Benjamin arranged for the pickup to happen while he was at work, the stinker) and say goodbye, I we are doing the best thing for Rocky and I hope he will be happy with his new family.

2 comments:
How sad! That's too bad he didn't improve. He was a good little dog. I hope his new home will love him as much as you guys did. Does this mean you are getting another dog to replace Rocky?
That is so sad! I'm glad the other family loves him already though, it makes it a lot easier I'm sure.
Post a Comment