We've had a week filled with Halloween excitement.
Tuesday the 3 older boys were invited to a neighborhood halloween party. They got all dressed up and I dropped them off. Jaxon screamed all the way home that he wanted to go. We came home and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and that made it all ok.
Wednesday we had our own fun at home. We celebrated fall in all the usual ways. We ate soup for dinner, carved our pumpkins, ate apples dipped in caramel, and had doughnuts and chocolate milk. The older boys all carved their pumpkins by themselves and did a good job. Jaxon helped clean his and then mom helped carve. I love those kid sized carving knives, perfect for little hands.
Thursday we went to the school to see the costume parade. It's crazy to see the costumes people come up with. We also had parents teacher conferences throughout the day. In the evening it was our ward party and trunk or treat. It started off with a chili cookoff for dinner with cornbread. Then they awarded prizes (we won 3rd place on overall costumes). The family that won first place were all dressed like characters from Monsters Inc. Their costume were amazing! Jaxon quickly caught on at the trunk or treat and would anxiously say "trick or treat" before we even got to the next car.
Friday there was no school. The boys and I got dressed in our costumes and went to see Benjamin at work for lunch. Nathaniel was so embarassed to wear his costume, I had to drag him out of the car. We had a fun lunch and everyone at the hospital enjoyed seeing the boys dressed up. That night we attended a party thrown by Benjamin's sister and her family. We ate a dinner made up of creepy dishes (we took jello filled with floating eyeballs, gross!) Then we played some fun games, I even won a prize (yea me!)!
Saturday we started off the day with jack o lantern pancakes. Benjamin spent most of the day on the mountain on his latest hunt. He got home early afternoon and we took the dogs for a run in the field. Later we got all ready and headed into the neighborhood for some trick or treating. Since we missed dinner we stopped for a quick bite to eat on the way to Payson to see grandma and grandpa.
We had a great week of fun. I am glad it's over because it mean the costumes are done and I can have a little more free time. I started on mine and Benjamin's on Tuesday and had to rush to get them done by Thursday. I have vowed to never buy costume fabric again, too much fray. Although I love making the costumes, I am always glad when it's all done.
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!!
7 comments:
oh, the fun (and busyness) Halloween brings!
What a crazy, fun time. BUT... you still need to get pictures up of the costumes, I want to see them!
cute costumes!! you are amazing at sewing. Sounds like you all had a crazy but FUN time this past week. What is Benjamin hunting for right now?
Yes yes yes~ You got the pics to work! Love the costumes, you're so talented~ Good to see ya'all had a great Halloween! Sorry I missed you tonight nasty stomach flu is keeping my close to the porcelain god~
Happy Halloween! I love the costumes, they're amazing!
As always, the costumes are great!! You are a much better woman than me, I just take the easy route and buy them :) Happy Halloween!
I too am impressed by the amount of costumes you get done. I stress and I only did mine this year :) And yeah that costume satin is like the worst stuff ever.
Post a Comment