Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life at our House

I'm afraid I don't have anything interesting to report. We are all very excited for school to start tomorrow. I am only nervous about Nathaniel wanting to ride his bike to school. We bought new helmets and a bike lock but it still scares me to death. I am so paranoid, how do I just send him off and hope he makes it? I know, some day I'll have to get over it, but does it have to be so soon?
Last Friday a bunch of my siblings and their spouses got together for dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday. We went to Cracker Barrel, which hasn't ever been one of my favorites but my mom loves it so that's all that mattered. We had a really nice time and everyone commented on how we should get together more often.
Benjamin's first attempt at his elk hunt was unsuccessful. But they had a good trip and we will hope that next time has better results.
I've never been a huge Twilight fan (yes, I've only read one book - please don't shoot me) so I have held out on watching the movie. Friday while Benjamin was gone I thought I'd give it a shot if I only had to pay $1 at Redbox. Well, sorry to those Edward lovers out there but I was not impressed. I slept on and off but what I saw didn't make me try again when I was more awake. Not impressed.
I found the quick dinner hit in my house. Last night I didn't do any early dinner prep and was looking for a quick meal. I decided to make omelets and they were a winner. I had a variety of ingredients and let each person pick what they would put into their omelet. The boys quickly cleaned their plates and oohed and awed over how good it was. In our house that is amazing. I consider a meal a success if I don't get a single "ewe, I don't like this", or "ewe what's in this". Omelets=success.
We've been getting bids on landscaping. Let me just say this, paying someone to landscape 1/2 acre is not cheap. I think we have decided to recruit any willing help and do it ourselves. I dream of the day I will have grass and not so much dirt that the inside of my house is always covered. Ahhh, and to walk outside and feel the cool grass tickling my toes instead of the hot, crunchy dirt. I dream of the day.
Benjamin and I talked in church on Sunday. I will just say this-it's over. Enough said.
That's all of the excitement for now. So farewell for now until some crazy, new thing happens in the Palmer house (or until I make up a bunch of stuff again just to post a blog).

2 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

I'm glad your dinner went well, and if there is nothing exciting to report at least that means that everyone is healthy! :)

Jessica said...

Twilight IS pretty overrated. And the movie is LAME. I hope the next one is better.