So, apparently all I write about are "near disasters" so here are some happy things that we've been up to.
We are LOVING the sunshine. Friday there was no school, so the kids and I had a lazy morning. I made chocolate, chocolate chip pancakes with fresh whipped cream for breakfast. Later we picked up Subway and headed to the park. We met my brother and his family there and let the kids run for 2 1/2 hours while the adults lazied in the sun (I've got the sunsurn to show for it). Later after Benjamin came home, we ate some dinner and headed off to another park with the kids bikes. We found the Benjamin Park (not Benjamin's, but the city). It has some fun playgrounds and a bike trail that runs the perimeter. We hung out there until the sun went down.
Saturday morning we headed out for family pictures. I have been feeling bad that I haven't had one taken since Jaxon was 6 months old (I know, I'm way behind). Anyway, a photo place in Payson was doing a fundraiser for the Elementary school so we decided to go for it. Although I prefer outdoors shots, the guy did a great job and so did the boys. I think we got some really great pictures.
Later that day Benjamin had planned an afternoon away for the 2 of us. My niece came to stay with the kids (we sure appreciate her!) and Benjamin and I took off for 5 hours of kid-free bliss (ok, maybe not pure bliss but the kid-free part was nice). We took the dogs out to hunt chuckers. Now I don't really get into the hunting stuff but I do enjoy watching the dogs work and it was nice to wander the fields in the beautiful weather. It's rare that Benjamin and I get that much time alone so we really enjoyed spending the time together. I admit I was done with the hunting stuff after about 2 hours but it was ok. I do have a nasty sunburn to show for all those hours in the sun - but I do love the sun!)
Sunday morning Benjamin was feeling quite restless (we have church at 1), so he suggested we go for a walk. The boys hopped on their bikes, except for Jaxon who was in the stroller, and we were off. We wandered down the road to see the elk (yes, there is an elk farm down the road). At that point Benjamin says "should we keep going around the block", "sure why not" (that was me). And off we went. Now I must point out that we live in the country and blocks here aren't quite like city blocks. The boys did well the first hour and then they began to lose steam. We ended up pushing bikes and holding hands and saying alot of "keep going we're almost there". By the time we hit the final stretch Ethan was in tears, but he kept going like a trooper. So, 2 hours later our little walk around the block came to an exhausting end. After church we drove it and guess how far we'd gone ---- 3 miles!!
We are excited to celebrate Nathaniel's 8th birthday this week and also getting ready for his baptism which will be the following day. He tells me he can't wait to turn 8, when I say "why?" he says "so I don't have to sit in a booster seat anymore". (yes, I am affectionately known as the "carseat nazi", and I make the kids sit in the appropriate seats until law says they can move on). But he is also really excited to be baptized.
Well, I guess that is all for now. I guess we are in for a storm this week but that's all part of spring in Utah. We will just enjoy the days of sunshine when we can get them.
4 comments:
Sorry about the sun burn from Friday, next time I will bring the sunsrceen and you can pick a shade spot. The sun felt good until I got home to take a shower.... Great job on the three mile walk around the block i am impressed! I too would have been in tears with ethan
Those are definitely happier times! I'm glad you guys have been able to have fun out and spend so much time outside.
How much fun is being in a park all day. The boys would love doing that, as I am sure yours did. Sorry that you are sun burned. Sounds like you all had a great weekend. Thanks for the invite to Nathaniels baptism. We aren't going to be able to drive down. Kennen has to work. Tell him to we are proud of him and sorry we can't be there. We love you all.
Sounds like you guys had a great time outside! We've been loving it too! It really made us want to go camping. We should all go together this summer!
Post a Comment