Monday, March 30, 2009

A memorable weekend

We had a wonderful weekend. Here's a summary of our good times.
Friday was Nathaniel's 8th birthday. For his "friend party" he chose to take a couple of friends to see "Monster's vs Aliens" which opened in theaters that day. I have to say I was thoroughly entertained the entire movie. It's really a good movie. After the movie, we took the friends home and headed to our house for pizza. Some of the Palmer's came over for cake, ice cream, and presents. He was excited to get a scout shirt, scriptures with his name, a watch, a small mp3, among other things. Nathaniel chose to follow Ethan's idea of having a "wedding cake with candy", so I constructed another only this time smaller. I still can't believe my guy is already 8!
Saturday morning Nathaniel was baptized. It was a wonderful meeting. I let Nathaniel chose everything for the program and he decided he wanted his cousins to give the talks. Emily gave a wonderful talk on baptism (and she was VERY nervous but did great), and Braeden gave a talk on the Holy Ghost (he also did great). It's always a blessing to see the priesthood at work and Benjamin gave Nathaniel a beautiful blessing with his confirmation. Thank you to everyone who attended, I know Nathaniel felt very loved to see so many people come just for him.
After the baptism everyone came over to our place for a brunch - muffins of many varieties, bagels and cream cheese, and fruit. It was some delicious eatin!
After that gathering died down, my family stuck around for our monthly family birthday party. We pulled out the 4 wheeler and took turns zooming around the field. Benjamin got out some guns and the boys (and some of the brave girls) shot up some clay pigeons. And of course, what's a party without a little DDR? (Nathan, I so stomped all over you!) After everyone had worked up an appetite, we broke out the BBQ and grilled up some hamburgers and hot dogs. Add to it potato salad, baked beans, and chips and you've got yourself an excellent meal! Then of course it was all topped off with cupcakes, ice cream, and presents. Everyone hung around and relaxed, enjoying a day of sunshine. It was a wonderful day, filled with great memories, family and fun. Thanks to all who shared it with us.

4 comments:

Pays said...

I wish we could have made it! (soccer season has started, and B had a game.) I can't believe he is eight! I'm glad that it was a wonderful day for you guys. P.S. I'm ready for a rematch of DDR!!!

Morgan Lasley said...

Congratulations, Nathaniel. Sorry we couldn't be there.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Nathaniel and Congratulations. Sorry we couldn't make it. We would have loved to see you all. We do have a gift coming so watch the mail. (I am still looking for the address so I will let you know if I can't find it)

Andie said...

It really was a good day.... We wouldn't have missed it such a special moment in Nathaniel's life.