Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time in the Country

This past weekend we headed up North to Lewiston for the pheasant hunt. My sister-in-law's grandparents live there and invited Benjamin and his buddies to come up for the hunt. We headed up after trick-or-treating and stayed over Friday night and hung out all day Saturday.
The older boys spent most of the day hunting and I hung out at the farm with the younger boys. They had a blast climbing on the haystack, swinging on the gigantic tire swing, sword fighting with cattails, climbing trees, and just plain running freely in the outdoors. Benjamin wants to tell his story so I will let him fill about the hunt.
We had a wonderful time. The grandparents live in this wonderful old farm house. We were provided with beds and food and anything we needed. The were very kind and generous. They have old cool stuff everywhere. Among other old cars they had a 1904Model-T, a horse drawn buggy, various old tractors, and all kinds of antiques and old relics. I had a ball wandering around checking everything out.
On the way home we stopped at the Gossner cheese factory and bought sqeeky cheese and had ice cream.
All in all, it was a great weekend, so thanks again to Jessie and her grandparents.

5 comments:

Pays said...

Awesome pictures!! That place would be a perfect location for family pictures....I love it!!

Holly said...

It looks as if you guys had a wonderful time. I love the pictures.

Melissa Lasley said...

what a fun weekend! Glad to hear that everything is going well.

Andie said...

Jessie's grandparents do have a great farm, I am glad to hear you all had a great time. It is so restful there! Also NICE bird Benjamin!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a nice time. We'll have to plan another trip when we can show you and Benjamin our old deer camp spot and camp along the creek in the warmer months this coming summer. You can hike up to the top of the mountain and get spring water fresh from the creek, and swim in the lake. Let me know if you are interested.