Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some Halloween Fun

I haven't had time to write much of an update. I am keeping pretty busy with being a mom, trying to build a house, volunteering once a week in Nathaniel's and Ethan's classes, and sewing Halloween costumes. Here's some of our recent happenings.
I got to go on field trip with Caleb's preschool to the Red Barn in Santaquin. Unfortunately it was on a fairly cold day and we pretty much froze. We rode on a school bus equipped just for preschoolers. The kids were all confused by having to sit in carseats with 5 point harnesses. But Caleb thought it was pretty neat to ride a bus. When we got to the barn we went on a "hayride" out to the pumpkin patch where the kids all got to pick out a pumpkin. When we returned to the barn we enjoyed a apple spice donut before returning to school. It was a good time.
Last week I got to experience my first corn maze as we enjoyed a night out with our friends, the Pays. We met to eat at Artic Circle and then went to play at Hee Haws. It was a good thing the kids had their flashlights from the kids meals, they were pretty spooked by the maze. I think they more enjoyed the giant slide and the animals. But we all had a good time - thanks Coby, Lori and kids! Until next time.
We enjoyed a family night of pumpkin carving with the boys. This year I bought them each their own little safety knife and let them go at their pumpkin by themselves. I think it was the best year of carving ever. We let them do the initial carving and we helped where necessary. Even Jaxon had to get in on the fun, although he wasn't too sure about the goo inside the pumpkin (but then who is?).
We had our first real night of Halloween fun tonight at the ward party. It started off with a chili cookoff for dinner (which we won the best overall chili, by the way). After dinner they had all kinds of games and activities including a spook alley (which was pretty well done for a church activity), donut on a string eating contest, pie eating contest, carnival games, and more. There were a ton of people there and we all had a really good time.
By the way, for those wondering, we haven't started building the house yet. We are still fine tuning the house plans, making some of those millions of all important decisions. I guess that's the fun part of building a custom home. We've been focusing on the kitchen which has been alot of work to get it just right. I drove by the lot today and it looks like they are really close to being ready to start. I am excited that we seem to be getting closer to getting a house.
I've added a few other random photos just for fun. We look forward to more halloween fun in the next few days. We hope everyone has a fun, spooky Halloween.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Melinda, that looks like a ton of fun. The costumes are super cute. I am glad you guys are doing well. Tell the boys Happy Halloween. Have fun and be safe. Keep in touch.