Last night Benjamin and I were able to have, as Benjamin put it, "the longest time we've spent alone". Sometimes it feels like we never get much time together (of course he was exagerating a little). Anyway, Benjamin had put in a bunch of extra time at work helping the doctors. As a thank you one of the doctors gave him tickets to a Jazz game. We had a really nice time, eating hot dogs and ice cream and cheering on the Jazz. The seats were behind one of the baskets so they gave us those sticks you bang together to make a bunch of noise (I guess they are officially called "cheersticks"). We were able to round up enough left over to bring them home for the boys. We'll see if we regret that decision. As always we are thankful to my parents for being willing to watch the boys while we got away. They are always so great to help out.
I am taking care of sick boys today. Ethan and Caleb have spent most of the day on the couch snoozing. As always I just hope it doesn't spread to anyone else.
We got exciting news today. The city has approved our plans and given the permit to build our house. HURRAY!!!! As soon as we finish filing for the lending we can dig a hole. It should begin sometime next week. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. It will be exciting to get things going and watch our house go up.
Anyway, that's the latest and the greatest.
3 comments:
Date nights are always fun! Especially when you don't have to pay for most of it! :)
yea!!!! I am so excited for you. Aren't date nights great. I miss them since we moved we haven't had one. I am sorry the boys are not feeling well, I hope they get better soon. Tell everyone hi from us. :)
Congrats on getting closer to building your house! That is super exciting! We can't wait to see where it's at and follow the progress!
Post a Comment