Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The end of a Great Summer!

We have been having too much fun!! We have had a wonderful summer. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera to just about everything so I have been waiting to get photos from others before I posted. Anyway, I gave up on that for now and thought I'd write a quick update and let pictures come later.
We have been especially busy the last couple of weeks with Palmer reunions. We spent a couple of days at Timp Lodge in Provo Canyon with Benjamin's extended family. The boys had a great time running around the woods. We enjoyed participating in the "Palmer Family Olympics". Nathaniel and I both won the running race for our group and I actually got to the final 4 in the hula hoop contest.
The past week we have spent in various activities with the Palmers. Here's a few of my favorite moments.
-the bird show at the zoo
-hangin the waves at FloRider (if you've never been there or seen it, you've got to check it out! So much fun, I am hooked!! Somebody should see about opening one in Provo)
-a day at the beach at Pineview Resevoir (BEAUTIFUL place!!!)
-getting pedicures with the girls
-having Benjamin around so much (it was hard to send him off to work again)
It was fun to have Matthew, Alisha and their girls here. We admit that Benjamin and I had our reservations about spending so much time with all of the family, but we will also admit that we had a really good time.
Now we are preparing to send the boys off to school on August 20 (well I guess that's only Nathaniel, the other 2 start later). After so many days of 11:00 bedtimes, we need to get our schedule back. Nathaniel will go to 2nd grade, Ethan to Kindergarten. and Caleb will attend the preschool at Westside. It will be nice, but strange to only have 1 at home for a while. Jaxon may just enjoy being the only child for a few hours a day.
I guess the big news (and panic) now is that we have accepted an offer on our house. YEA!! We are really happy about that. The panic part is that they want to be in the end of the month and we have no idea where we are going. We still have not found a house and we aren't sure we've found a lot to build on that we love. So as we begin to do some serious packing we also do some serious house searching. I am a little nervous about where we will go on August 31. It makes me a little more unsettled because I don't know where the boya will be going to school and I don't want to make them change schools too many times in 1 year. I guess I need to relax and breath because somehow things always work out.
Well that's quick rundown on the summer. We are sad to see it all end, especially cause it means the snow is not too far away.-

3 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you've sold your house. That is awesome but like you said, scary too. We'll have to give you a call sometime and get the cool details. Hopefully you can find a place really quickly. Good luck, our prayers will be with you.

Pays said...

So glad that you have a blog! Ok, what is the FloRider? Congrats on your house! Good luck with everything coming up.

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

First of all...love the blog colors. So pretty. I have a bunch of pictures from the vacation on our website, can you down load them from there? I'll email you some that I have of your family too. I sent Sienna off to her first day of kindergarten yesterday. Kind of scary, but I felt so... free afterward! I have to admit it was kind of fun having only one kid at home during the day. I wish we were closer by so we could help you guys pack and watch the kids for you and stuff. Oh, there's a lot down the street from us for sale. I'm sure its cheap....if you move here we'll watch your kids any time you want!!! Just thought I'd offer. You have to admit, its pretty tempting! :) Haven't you heard? South Carolina is the new Utah. Ok, I'm out.