So what do you think - like the new color? I decided that since my life doesn't involve much pink, I would let my blog bring out a little of the girl in me.
So while reading other peoples blogs I decided that perhaps it would be fun to write about something other than my boys (whom I love and are the center of my world). I personally think it is fun to learn things about people that you may not otherwise know. So I am copying the idea from my niece (thanks Jessica - also thanks for a great link to some fun blog backgrounds!)) to answer some interesting questions about myself. Here goes:
10 years ago: ok, 1998, what a great year!!! In June Benjamin and I had our first date (after 9 months of him "losing" my phone number), the first of September we got engaged, and we were married in November.
5 years ago: 2003, the year started off great!! Ethan was born on January 8th. We were living in an apartment in Springville and Benjamin may have still been in xray school.
5 months ago: that would be February? Also a great time. Benjamin took his RPA board exam and passed. It was the official end of school and him working a regular job. A long awaited time in our lives.
5 things on my "to do" list:
1. get more organized in all aspects of life. Why is it I never seem to be able to keep up with everything?
2. take a family vacation (we have been promising the kids Disneyland for a while now)
3. work on our food storage
4. take some community classes to learn more things. I'd like to be a better gardener, learn more about photography, learn more technique for cutting the boys hair - there's so much I'd like to know more about.
5. find more time to scrapbook (right now I am so far behind I don't think I'll ever catch up)
5 of my favorite snacks:
1. licorice
2. pretty much anything chocolate (I really love Junior Mints)
3. fruit smoothies
4. chocolate chip granola bars
5. ice cream
5 purchases: (I am treating this as things I want to buy, not need to buy cause that's more fun)
1. a new house (that is our main focus of life right now)
2. shoes
3. new furniture (it's nice to dream - I'd at least like a dining table that we can all fit around and still have some space for the food)
4. more Cricut cartridges
5. new jeans (I'm still in search of the "perfect" pair)
5 places I've lived:
1. Payson, UT
2. Portugal
3. Orem, UT
4. Springville, UT
5. Clovis, CA (every summer through my teenage years)
5 things you may not know about me:
1. I went though this crazy stage my first year of college when I felt the need to do anything that felt rebellious. I played with the idea of getting a tattoo, getting my belly button pierced, going sky diving, going bungee jumping, amid other crazy things, Of course I never really went through with any of it. I did pierce the top of my earlobe, partly cause I thought it was cool and partly cause I knew my parents wouldn't approve (remember Mom, I was in this rebellious thing).
2. I love to dance and always have. It was my dream to be a dancer and I have always regretted not pursuing that dream. I was an avid clogger for about 7 years or so and loved it. I quit when I started high school and thought I might be too busy (I know - dumb teenager). In college I lived for country dance nights and attending various dance clubs. Today the most dancing I get is on the DDR and the occassionaly kitchen dance with Benjamin.
3. On my mission I was once called to be the choir director for the branch. I guess they figured since I played the piano I could also direct a choir. I have never even sung in a choir let alone lead one. The first week we had a room full of members, all excited to be in the choir, and it was a disaster. I fumbled over finding the right words in Portuguese and trying to figure out how to teach these people to sing. It was horrible. The second week only 4 members showed up. I admit this was one calling I pretty much flunked out on.
4. As long as I can remember I have wanted to be a beautician. That was always my dream job. I can remember when I very young and I would convince my older sisters to let me fix their hair. I'm not sure why I never attend school to do this, it just never happened. When I married Benjamin and told him I have always wanted to cut hair he said "go ahead". I have been cutting his hair ever since and I also cut all of the boys hair. In recent years I decided that I would love to work somewhere just fixing hair for special occassions, I think that would be really fun.
5. I am very texture sensitive about food. There are certain food I won't eat just because of the texture. If I try to eat things that are squishy or slimey, I get an instant response from my gag reflex. It doesn't even matter the taste, it's all about the texture.
5 things I love:
1. Being with Benjamin
2. the smell of rain, tomato plants, fresh mowed lawn, and that watermeloney smell in spring
3. laying on the couch and reading a good book (especially when no one is jumping on me)
4. seeing the boys involved in some form of play together, getting along and working together
5. sleeping in freshly washed sheets
2 comments:
I really like this post. I love reading up about what you guys are doing. Hopefully you can get that house and Disneyland sooner than later. (Those are the things I liked best). :) Love yoU!
This post was so fun to read! I'm glad I could inspire you in some way. :)
Post a Comment