
After countless attempts at words of motivation, bribery, reward charts, threats, and everything else we could think of we thought Caleb would never pottery train. I had begun to consider my option on sending a cild to school in diapers. He just had no interest. One day I decided that was it, I had had it. So I invented the "potty day". It worked like a charm and he quickly and quite easily potty trained. So hurray for us, life with only one child in diapers again. It's a little depressing to realized that we we have gone through more 7 solid years of changing diapers. One of these days we will celebrate the end of them.

Here's the latest Jaxon adventure. The other day I melted some chocolate in a cup to dip pretzels. I threw the cup in the garbage and left the kitchen. When I came back Jaxon had the cup and was covered in chocolate. I then discovered not only had he covered himself but the hallway as well. It was a mess but he sure enjoyed himself.
I also consider myself lucky to have an easy teether. Last night Jaxon was not settling for bed and he usually goes right down. So I was rocking him to calm him down and out of curiosity I stuck my finger in his mouth. 'Lo and behold there were 2 new molars in there. It was funny that we had no idea he was getting new teeth and suddenly there they were. He sure is a good boy!
We are enjoying the arrival of warmer weather and looking forward to summer. The kids are counting down the remaining days of school. Ethan is so excited he gets to have a graduation from preschool. Caleb keeps saying "oh, I've been to dad's graduation, I know about graduation" I'm sure he will be glad to find out that preschool graduation isn't quite the same. Now I need to figure out how to keep the kids busy all summer.
I actually gave both of the dogs a much needed bath today. After a whole winter of dirt they weren't very fun to pet because they were so grimy. It's amazing how white they are!! Ally likes water much more than Rocky but neither of them were that crazy about getting clean.
Benjamin and I are attending an ATV safety course on Saturday. It should be interesting. I do think it's important to know how to be safe on a 4 wheeler, especially when we have the kids on it.
Anyway, I guess that's the latest. Hurray to the final arrival of spring!!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad Caleb potty trained for you. I'll have to ask you for more details when Eli gets older.
Melissa
Post a Comment