Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Graduate

Here he is, the new Weber State University graduate in the family. Although Benjamin was outwardly resisting the idea of walking at graduation, I think he was glad he celebrated his hard work by being there. I am posting a few pictures of the event to share with you all.
We made a little get-away out of it. We got a hotel for the night before and went swimming and hung out. In the morning before the graduation we went to the Aerospace Museum. The boys really enjoyed that.
Marlin and Laurie Palmer, Roxanna and Jerry Fernelius, Cherie and Hope Visker, and Hayden and Hallie Poulsen were all able to attend. I know Benjamin appreciated the support and it was fun to have more people to cheer when they called his name. Caleb slept through most of the graduation as you can see from the photo. That made him easier to handle through the ceremony but more difficult for the pictures afterwards. As you can see he didn't want to cooperate. After the graduation we went to eat at Famous Dave's. They serve BBQ foods. It was really quite good. Other than the occasional hot piece of meat we encountered, I think we all really enjoyed it.
We are glad to be done with school and on to a new stage of life. I am so proud of Benjamin and all of the hard work he put into getting his education. How lucky I am to have him!!!

5 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

Congratulations again! I wish we could have been there to cheer for Benjamin too. I love the family pictures - Caleb is definitely is own person. Can't wait to see you!

kennerfam said...

Hooray! What a great accomplishment. Sorry we could not be there, but we were thinking of you. We love you all

Anonymous said...

Congrats congrats Benjamin! You're awesome!

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! We are proud of you brother.
-Matthew

Ben Kroff said...

I know Benjamin probably does not take time to sit down and read comment on your blog, so pass on to him a big "GOODONYAMATE!" for me. He's all graduated from Uni!