So I've said before that we have chuckers. They have been living ia coop with Daniel's and Erin's pheasants. Well we decided to start gathering their eggs and try to hatch them. So we have been putting them in an incubator unsure if anything would come of them. This week they started hatching. If you look at the picture of the eggs you can see one newly hatched chick and an egg that is hatching. Right now we have 8 chicks and we have lost 6 or 7. We think all the chicks so far are chuckers as pheasant take longer to hatch. It's kinda fun to watch them break through the shell and get out. The kids love watching the chicks run around. So it's been our fun new adventure.
Ethan graduated from preschool. They had a fun little ceremony, the kids sang some songs then they walked and got a certificate. Ethan played "Mr. Cool" and sang the songs but wouldn't do any of the actions. He sat with his arms folded the entire time. He is very excited to go to Kindergarten and go to the same school as Nathaniel. (I just noticed Benjamin being cheesy in the background)
I've been teaching Nathaniel "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth". He just lost the second of his top front teeth. I've always thought that was a fuuny stage for kids, when they have a huge gap in the front of their teeth. He thinks it's pretty funny.
We finally have our house on the market so we will see what comes of it. We have looked at a few houses and some building lots. We aren't sure what we are going to do.I am trying to figure out how to keep all the kids busy all day. Nathaniel is playing baseball and Ethan is in kickball, so those games will keep us busy in the evenings. They will start swimming lessons in July. We also have a couple of camping trips planned.
This week I am getting all geared up for a yard sale we are having on Saturday. Hopefully that will be successful and bring in a little extra cash.
June is Big Springs month in the Palmer family. As we get busier it gets harder to spend much time up there. Benjamin was able to enjoy a night there last week for our ward's Fathers and Sons campout. The boys all had a great time, they always love going to Big Springs. Jaxon and I enjoyed a peaceful night at home (except me being nervous about the boys). I actually got to do some scrapbooking after Jaxon was in bed.
We are happy summer is here and are enjoying being outside in the sunshine.
1 comment:
It sounds like you have had a lot of busy fun lately. It must be really fun for the boys to watch the chicks hatch, I know I'd like it.
Hope everything goes well for your garage sale!
Post a Comment