Monday, April 7, 2008
A sick update
I just thought I'd post a quick update for those who may not have heard anything. On Friday Nathaniel broke out with a fever and at midnight he started throwing up. He was very sick all day Saturday, throwing up with a very high fever. By that evening he had hardly left the couch and he started having delusions. That was the final point for me. I sortof freaked out and called Benjamin (who was in Payson for the Priesthood session). He hurried home and we took Nathaniel to the ER. After some IV fluids and some tests, they determined he has pneumonia. They ran some antibiotics into him through the IV and sent us home at about 12:30am. We have to take him back every day for them to run more antibiotics through the IV, plus he is taking oral antibiotics at home. So the poor boy has to deal with having the IV in his right arm. Yesterday he said "mom this is my good arm, will I still be able to write?". Today is looking and acting MUCH better. Hopefully today will be the last on the IV treatments and they will take it out. The doctors want him to stay home from school for 3-4 days, which gives him 2 weeks off since next week is Spring Break. We appreciate everyone who has helped out so far and offered prayers in his behalf. We will keep you posted on his recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about Nathaniel. We will sure pray for his recovery. Poor guy! Hope everything else is OK and nobody else gets sick.
Love
Ronda
Man, I'm sorry Nathaniel has been so sick. I'm glad things are looking up.
I can't believe he has pneumonia! Poor guy! we'll keep in in our prayers.
Matthew
Post a Comment