Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yea, it's spring!!!

Hello everyone! Here's what we have been up to lately.
We had a good Easter. We have decided to downplay the worldy side of Easter and focus more on the real reason we celebrate. Thus our celebrations were pretty low key, just a few candies in a basket. We had a fun easter egg hunt with my family on Saturday and we look forward to a hunt this Saturday with Benjamin's family.
As part of my calling as humanitarian specialist, we are helping provide for an orphanage in the Congo. We just finished making 20 fleece blankets to send to them. It is so sad to see the conditions they live in there, the absolute worst you could imagine. It makes me feel bad that we want so much when they are happy with so little.
Jaxon had his first haircut on Saturday. Because it is so curly we didn't realize how long it was until it started curling out on the sides kindof giving the appearance of wings, it looked alittle crazy. So we trimmed the sides and back and left the curls long on the top. He looks very handsome. It's amazing how much a haircut can make a baby grow up.
He LOVES to go outside. If the other boys go out he will stand by the door and complain and try to get out. If he sees the door open he runs for it. As you can see he is as happy as can be when he is outside.
We have discovered Jaxon's way to communicate when he wants to eat. If you say "Jaxon are you hungry?" he will say "mmm mama". He does it every time he's hungry. It's funny that he has associated "mama" with eating, I guess it makes sense really.
Nathaniel will be 7 tomorrow. I can't believe how the years have flown by. He is such a good boy and a big helper. He loves to carry Jaxon around and help take care of him. Yesterday at guitar lessons his teacher helped him pick a favorite song to learn and it is "I Like to Move It". It's in the movie Madagascar I think. He is so excited about it. It will be fun to hear him learn a fun song like that.
Well, I think that's about it for now. Benjamin scheduled our massages from Valentines day for this Saturday. I can't wait to enjoy a little pampering. We are just loving life and really loving Spring. We can't wait to get outside and enjoy some nice, warm weather.

3 comments:

Andie said...

The boys looks so nice in their new easter/sunday clothes! I can not believe that Nathaniel will be seven, it doesn't seem possible.

Melissa Lasley said...

Your boys look so cute! It is great to see how they are growing up.

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

What handsome boys! I can't believe how big they are getting. Happy Birthday to Nathaniel! We have a gift for him, but we've been locked up in the house with one sickness after another for a week. Hopefully I will get out today and send it!