Monday, March 17, 2008

The Gift


Ok, so I promised it and I'm sure you've all been waiting in anticipation (haha). Here's the new toy. This was Benjamin's graduation present. He is having fun with it. He went with a Polaris 500 delux model. We've taken the kids for a couple of rides and they love it. One day we left them behind and went for a mom and dad ride. I have to admit it is pretty fun.
In other news, we've finally joined the modern world and gotten cell phones. Benjamin really needed one for work and it didn't cost much to just add me on. With him getting called in all the time and needing to keep track of patients, he decided it was time to give in and get one. I admit there a secure feeling having a mode of communication in case of an emergency. Now I've just got to figure out how to use the thing.
Benjamin is enjoying his job, he stays pretty busy most of the time. In fact he is getting called in alot lately. He did 19 hours of call time in the past 2 weeks. It's little crazy and he's not home much but we are hoping it will slow down over time. In the meantime it's a little extra $$ to put away.
Jaxon continues to grow too fast for my liking. He is such a character. He has started making these funny faces and then when people laugh he does a fake laugh. It's all pretty funny. These pictures don't do him justice as I haven't been able to catch a good funny face on film yet. He had a good part of the ward entertained during sacrament meeting. He is a fun boy.
Tomorrow I go register Ethan for Kindergarten. I can't believe he is already that old. I think he will love it, he seems to be bored with preschool. I will have 2 kids in school. Crazy! I guess even crazier is that Nathaniel will be in 2nd grade. Yikes! He is such a smart kid. He is in the highest reading and spelling groups in his class. But math is his favorite subject. I look forward to getting Caleb into a preschool, he needs to be able to go somewhere and do something. He struggles with being the one who always has to stay home.
Hope you all have a wonderful St Patricks Day - did you remember to wear green?

2 comments:

Andie said...

NICE RIDE! You worked hard for it. We are so proud of you! It is nice to know there is light at the end of the homework tunnel.

Melissa Lasley said...

Wow, it looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. I can't believe your boys are growing up and getting so old! I'm excited about your four-wheeler, I bet you have a lot of fun with it.