Monday, March 10, 2008

A sunny Monday!!


We want to so a big THANKS to all those you came to our BBQ on Saturday. We had a great time and I know Benjamin enjoyed talking to everyone. It was a good way to celebrate his hard work. An extra thanks to those who helped with food.

On Saturday morning Nathaniel had a rash going across the bridge of his nose and onto his cheeks. By that night it had spread to his torso and arms. So of course the nervous mother I am, I freak out. I got on the internet to look up rashes to figure out what it was. I was also a littlenervous that there had been over 50 people at the house that day and now Nathaniel has this aweful rash. So I went to bed that night just positive that is was some terrible life-threatening disease (yes I do tend to overreact). Sunday morning Benjamin took Nathaniel to the Instacare while I took the others to church. Come to find out, his life is not in danger (everyone take a breath of relief). He had strep a week ago and it is just a reaction to the dead strep cells that are still in his body. I guess it's a pretty common side effect of strep. So while he looks really bad, it's nothing to worry about. The doctor suggested he stay home from school for a couple of days just so he wouldn't panic anyone by the way he looks.

We are working on getting our house ready to put on the market. We are feeling excited to find a bigger house with room to spread out a little. So far, it's been fun looking at houses, that feeling may not last depending on how it goes. A big part of the debate is this - I'd love to buy a house that already has sprinklers, grass, fence, landscaping, etc. so the kids can play outside this summer. On the flip side it would be nice to buy a new house with an unfinished basement so we can finish it the way we want, plus we've seen some really nice new houses. Anyway, wish us luck in finding the perfect house.

We have sure enjoyed the weather lately, it's nice to see the sun shine and for the kids to be able to play outside. Next blog I will tell you all about Benjamin's big graduation gift. He is very excited!!!

2 comments:

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

I am so excited for your house shopping! Good luck! Can't wait to hear about benjamin's graduation present.

Matthew

cherie said...

That's exciting - house hunting. I'm with you on the established yard. You guys have beautiful trees at your place now. It's hard waiting for trees to grow.