OK, here we go. Its been so long since I've posted that I couldn't even remember my password and I had to reset it. Wow. Life has just been going along and I've struggled to find time to write. When I did sit in front of the keyboard, I either wasn't sure where to start since I've missed so much, or just felt like I didn't have anything to write that anyone would care about reading. Anywho - I'm back, hopefully to continue documenting the happenings of our life.
I know I missed a bunch of last year but I think I will just start out with the new year and maybe just pretend that the second half of last year never happened or something like that. Maybe I'll just start out with a quick update.
Benjamin is working long days and enjoying his days off. He picked up woodcarving and is making carving knives. He is crazy busy trying to get the venturing program running well with his scouts. Last year had a successful hunting season and shot both a bull and cow elk. Together we have been doing some woodworking and have discovered this great thing called a Kreg Jig. We just completed our latest project, our new bed and nightstands. They turned out great and I am thrilled to actually have a grownup bedroom. Equipped with our new tool, we are venturing into more furniture that we have wanted that now we can build. We added a new member to the family, a wirehair griffin named Max. We got him from the animal shelter. He is a big, hairy dog that is as sweet as can be.
As for me, I have finally escaped the world of primary and entered the big girl world of Relief Society, serving as the pianist. I now have a industrial sewing machine in my basement so I can sew corsets at home although I do still spend some afternoons in the business photo shop taking stock photos. Thanks to a new book I received for my birthday from my sister-in-law, I have been trying to find inexpensive and creative ways to decorate the house. I am so done with all the snow we have gotten this year and ready for a little sunshine. Can't wait to get out running again. Currently the only one in the family who cannot Ripstik.
Nathaniel is serving on the student council and loves it. He just got on the stagecrew for the new play at school. He is on the production crew. He also does some work for the costume company and is loving earning his own money. In fact, he just saved up for a Kindle Fire which we are getting today and he is beyond excited for that. I can't believe he is just months away from receiving the priesthood. How did that happen?
Ethan is as inquisitive as ever. He loves taking apart anything we will allow. He gets excited when any kind of electronic dies because its a new project for him. We actually got him his own set of screwdrivers for his birthday this year. He enjoys trying to figure out how things work. He just became a Webelo and is excited to work toward his arrow of light.
Caleb is our little cruise director. He loves to create games and is always making plans for the family to play games or do different activities. He loves scouts and is working on earning his Wolf. He also learned how to Ripstik last year. We went cross country skiing for my birthday and he picked right up on it and was leading the pack the entire time.
Jaxon is growing right up. He loves kindergarten. The end of last year he taught himself how to ride a Ripstik and cruises the basement with his brothers. Now he is trying to master roller skates. He is our brave adventurer, not afraid to try most anything. He loves to climb the rock wall at Trafalga.
Well, that was long and wordy. I think I will leave this post at that with the promise of more to come. Yea, jumping back on the blog bandwagon.
2 comments:
I'm glad you back on the blog...I've missed you! You'll have to get a picture up of your new dog, my kids will love to see it.
I've missed hearing about your adventures as well. Good to hear things are going along well. Ready for summer and family outtings.
Post a Comment