This week has had a rough start. Yesterday Nathaniel was getting a little too zealous in his play and stabbed himself in the thigh with a dagger. It is a display dagger he has and being a boy, I guess he couldn't stand to just let it sit on a shelf. We spent some time at the doctor's office before coming out with stitches. I think he has learned his lesson about playing with sharp objects.
Today while we were at swimming lessons, I was chatting with some friends when I look towards the pool and say "hey look, that little kid is bleeding". as I looked a little closer I realized that the kid was mine. So I jumped up and ran after the swimming teacher and Jaxon who were headed for the first aid office. He was doing his bobs and had come up too close to the wall and has smacked his head. His entire face was covered in blood and I was sure we were headed for another doctor's visit. Luckily, after cleaning him up and getting the bleeding to stop we found that his wound was too small to need stitches. It was enough to get my heart pounding.
I am hoping that we've had enough excitement for the week and that bad things really don't come in 3's. I'm sure my boys are just trying to help me overcome my squeamishness for blood. Holefully I can deal with it in an easier way.
On a happier note, yesterday we got to do the Peteeneet slip 'n slide with the Palmer family. It is so much fun!! Jaxon was the first down the hill and the other boys were quick to follow. We all played hard for the entire 2 hours we were there. We are lucky enough to play there again this Friday with my family. We can't wait!
1 comment:
Sorry, about the way your week began.. I sure hope that the end of the week improves for you guys. :) Sending a hug your way. Love you!
Post a Comment