About a year ago we were called in to see the bishop. He told us they wanted to call Benjamin as the 1st counselor in the Young Men's presidency. He then looked at me and said "that means we will release you". My heart hit my toes! I had only been primary president for a little over a year and I didn't feel like my time had been served. Now maybe I was wrong in my response but I don't really think so. I said "if you feel inspired to release me then that is fine. But if the only reason is because of Benjamin's calling then I would like you to reconsider." He agreed to let me continue serving in the primary as long as I let him know if it ever became to difficult having 2 time consuming callings in the family.
Fast forward a year, about the beginning of December of this year. We were driving away from the temple after attending an Elders quorom temple night. I looked over at Benjamin and said "I think I might get released and I am ok with that." I truly felt like it was time for me to move on and it brought me alot of peace. Sure enough, the next Sunday we were called in by the bishop and he asked Benjamin to be the Young Men's President. Again I felt his gaze shift to me as he repeated the words "that means we will release you". The difference this time was that I felt ready to turn our primary over into another sister's hands and just support Benjamin in his new responsibilities.
I absolutely LOVED serving as the primary president. I love my wonderful presidency and I am so grateful for the great friends they have become. I came to love each one of the children and their sweet testimonies. I was surprised by the tears in my eyes as the bishop announced my release last Sunday. But then he followed that by sustaining me as a primary worker so I get to stay among the little ones just in a different realm with less responsibility. It's time for a change and its ok. I know the Lord's hand is in all things and I am thankful He leads me where He knows if best.
1 comment:
I love your strength.. Kennen is also the Young men's President of our ward. It was hard on me, but now loving the nursery. :) Thank you for your writings and your testimony. Love ya!!!
Post a Comment