Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Hunting He Did Go

This year Nathaniel got to go on a few of his first hunts.  Last month was the youth duck hunt.
 Then this month was his first pheasant hunt.
Ready to start hunting
That's Ally pointing a bird and to the right is Nathaniel ready to shoot
His first pheasant
Ally after another porcupine encounter

Nathaniel definitely has his Dad's hunting bug.  He is always asking when they can go hunting again.  He loves it.  Ally, our female pointer, still hasn't figured out that she is a BIRD dog.  The first 3 bird hunts this year she found porcupines and the last trip she found a skunk.  Silly dog, you'd think she would learn to stay away from the nasty creatures.

3 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

I'm so sorry for your poor dog! Hopefully this isn't as bad as the first time.

Way to go Nathaniel!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure if ally wanted to be a cactus for halloween there is an easier way!.
Way to go boys.... I used to love to hunt pheasants when I was younger.... Something I out grew!

Jacob and Kimberly Palmer said...

Poor Ally! Nathaniel looks like he is having a blast! That's awesome :)