Sunday, September 25, 2011
A Night Out
My neighbor and I decided it would be fun to get a group together to go to the General Relief Society meeting last night. We invited some ladies and met up to go to dinner before the meeting. It was nice to sit with a bunch of girls to eat and talk and laugh. And my friend Rebecca shared one of the funniest stories I've heard about having a tough day as a mother. We nearly hung out too long and barely walked into the chapel as the broadcast began. It was a beautiful meeting. I especially enjoyed Elder Uchdorfs talk, it was very uplifting and inspiring. I can't wait for the next Ensign so I can read it. When the meeting ended, the stake provided slices of freshly homemade bread. Unfortunately I was having a bout of stomach issues and chose to not eat any, but it looked delicious. It was a great night out with the girls and we all decided that we should make this a yearly event. Next time we will eat after the meeting so we can linger longer and get in alot more giggling. I was surprised at how good I felt when I got home. It's amazing what a night away with the girls can do for your spirits. Maybe I can't wait for a year, maybe it should be a weekly thing instead :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like so much fun! I'll have to try that ;)
Post a Comment