Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Year Older.....

....and wiser too!!  Happy Birthday to Jaxon!!!
 He is my little sweetheart (and he tells me he loves me to call him that).  The night before his birthday, I tucked him into bed and as I left his room he said "Mom, when I wake up and it's my birthday will you say 'happy birthday' and give me a present and then make it rain gumballs".  I'm afraid I couldn't figure out how to make it rain gumballs but we did our best to help him have a great day.
He chose to go to Chuck E Cheese so we headed there as soon as the boys got out of school.  They ran and played games and we ate pizza and we watched a little of the really pathetic Chuck E Cheese show (really, really sad).  Then we went home for a party.  Jaxon had asked for a robot cake so I constructed this one out of cupcakes.
After an hour of careful construction I went into our room to wrap presents and soon after the boys came in and said the cake was destroyed.  One of them (I won't mention names) was playing around with the cake and dropped it resulting in this:
I tried to not care (but I admit I was a little upset) and just be thankful that I had already taken a few photos of Jaxon and his cake.  The un-named felt so bad it was punishment enough.
Jaxon didn't really have much he specifically wanted.  We tried letting him wander Toys R Us to get ideas and all he did was walk down the isles and point at everything saying "I want this, I want this, I want this". One of the things I make at work are faux fox wraps.  Jaxon has been asking me to make him a "fox scarf" so I just had to oblige.  His is much more tame than most that I make, but cuter and cuddlier too.

After opening presents, Jaxon got a phone call from his Aunt Cheyenne and her family.  He was so excited to talk to them he had a big grin on his face the whole conversation.  Thanks for helping make his day!!
We salvages a few cupcakes for the candles and he received some (unwanted) help in blowing them out.  I've got the evidence.
We sure love having Jaxon as part of our family.  He is always full of hugs and kisses to share and when he goes shopping with me and I try on clothes, he sits and tells me I look "bootiful".  What more could you ask for?  Happy Birthday my big guy!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Jaxon!!!!

Cheyenne said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! He's such a cutie! We loved being able to share a small part of his big day :)

Kari said...

The fox scarf is adorable! I would have cried a little about the cake :(