Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Feeling Blessed

For anyone who may not know, Benjamin was laid off about a month and a half ago.  The are alot of political problems with his job (long and really frustrating story).  So, we had an initial freak out and panic, then started looking for a new job, and (sadly) put our house on the market.  It was a devastating decision to make.  Within a week we had 2 different families come look at the house and they both made an offer.  The second one was even full price.  So the stress went up about 10 notches as we tried to decide if we should really sell our house.  After much discussion and prayer, we decided that we could give the job hunting a little more time an that we had enough severance pay to hold out a while longer.  So we took the house off the market and continued the job hunt.  I think I've mentioned that we've been working for our neighbors.  They have been a huge blessing to us, not only for their friendship, but for allowing us to work for them to bring in a little income.  Anyway, this entire time I have been thinking that everything would work out.  I didn't know exactly what that meant, but I was blessed with the knowledge that we would be ok.   A few weeks ago Benjamin applied for a job that he thought would be a great opportunity for him.  We've been on pins waiting to hear back (we jumped every time his phone rang),  Yesterday we got the call, and...........
HE GOT THE JOB!!!!
We are thrilled, excited, happy, and feeling so incredibly blessed.  I am humbled to see how the Lord takes care of us and my testimony continues to grow that He never leaves us alone.  What a blessing to us, that he could get a new job so quickly, that we can stay in our wonderful neighborhood, that we can continue to serve in our callings that we love, that we can stay in our home, that the kids can stay in their school and keep the same friends - the blessings just go on and on.  I don't think I can sufficiently express the gratitude I feel.
Anyway, Benjamin is working on all the new employee paperwork, plus necessary bloodwork and shots that come with his field of work.  Monday he has orientation and then he is employed.  YEA!  He will be working at the Provo hospital in cardiology. He will work three 12 hour days a week, so he will probably still put in some time at our friends, as will I.  The pay for this job is good (we are thrilled to get a good pay) but it's not quite as much as he was making so we will still need a little more $$ to make up the difference.
I know that we all have different trials and challenges and we may not understand them or why we are going through them.  But the Lord is aware of us, He know us, and what we go through.  I know that we aren't given more the He knows we can handle.  If we do our best to follow Him, to keep the commandments and live the gospel, He will be with us and help us in all things.  At times we will struggle, but we are blessed more than we can sometimes see.  In this month of Thanksgiving, I hope that we can all be more aware and be thankful for the many blessings we receive from heaven.

8 comments:

Erin P. said...

We are so excited about Benjamin getting a job, you have been in our prayers and it is a good feeling knowing that things are looking up for you guys!

Pays said...

That's great news!! Congratulations!!

Holly said...

Congratulations!! Love you guys!

Andie said...

Always nice to see good things happen to good people! Congratulations! We knew you would be back to work soon and doing what you enjoy.

kennerfam said...

Yay! We are so happy!

Cheyenne said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful! We've been praying for you and are just so happy for you guys!

Jacob and Kimberly Palmer said...

I want to cry I'm so happy for you guys. We've also been praying for you and hoping that everything would work out :) What a blessing!

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

Oh Melinda I am so incredibly happy for all of your blessings, I truly believe all will be taken care of if we put our full trust it the Lord. Chris and I have been praying for your family and I just couldn't bear the thought of you having to move from you beautiful new home. Everything will work out perfectly! I am just so so so so sooooooooooo happy for you guys!!!

<3 Britt