Although I enjoy sending the kids off to school, there is something about staying in jammas until 10:00am, watching afternoon movies, sitting around the campfire in the evenings and staying outside chatting with neighbors until 10:00pm. But tomorrow it ll comes to an end. With school comes the need for a schedule and being more on top of life Here's some fun we've had enjoying our last week of just going with the flow.
Demolition Derby
Benjamin and I got tickets to the Utah County Fair demolition derby and got a sitter for the kids (the best sitter ever! she always does all the dishes and has the kids in bed). We got Jamba Juice and kettle corn in the fair to munch on and settled in for some car crunching fun. It was a pretty awesome experience. I am pretty nervous about car wrecks so I did alot of gasping as the cars went flying into each other. But I have to admit it was a very fun date. We even got to see a car flip upside down and one car drive up on top of another. Fun stuff!
Pool Party
We attended my parents annual pool party. The family all gets together for yummy food and swimming at Payson pool. Every year they get food from a different restaurant and this year was BBQ. It was yummy (the ribs were especially good). Benjamin, Jaxon and I were done swimming after about an hour but the other boys were in the water the entire time and we had to drag them out after 2 hours. Thanks to mom and dad for getting everyone together for a fun time.
Girls Night
Friday was the ward fathers and sons campout so Benjamin took all the boys for the night. I enjoyed a night all to myself. I spent an hour at JoAnns looking at fabric, then ran a few errands before heading home with my peanut butter cup shake for a night of chick flicks. I thoroughly enjoyed my time alone.
Fundraiser
We spent one night enjoying a meal that we didn't have to cook (always a bonus). We went to the Salem Hills cheerleader fundraiser dinner and auction (where my niece is a cheerleader). They had indian tacos which were tasty and they had all kinds of things in a silent auction. It's usually a place to get a great deal but since we are trying to save money I felt like I had to pass on bidding this year.
The Fair
The end of summer isn't complete without a trip to the Utah County Fair. We finally made it the one night it decided not to rain. The kids love to check out the animals and I love to wander the booths. We caught part of a hypnotist show and sat for a while to listen to some country band.
The end is in sight
The end of dirt, that is. We decided that we've had it with all the dirt outside and we are not doing another winter of sloshy mud. We hired a guy we know who is a landscaper to get our yard in. They've been out there digging and smoothing and trenching. The sprinklers should go in tomorrow, then the smoothing, and the sod is scheduled to come September 3rd (hurray!). We are going to lay the sod ourselves to save a little $$ but we have to wait until then to do grass because Benjamin is helping is brother try to shoot an elk this week. We should be able to recruit plenty of neighborhood help from people who will want help when they lay their sod. I just can't wait to walk outside and feel the grass in my toes. Yea!!
Well, that's all I can remember for now. We have had a good summer and it's hard to see it come to an end. But life must go on and the learning must continue so back to school the kids will go. It seems so strange to have one child at home all day, I'm not sure what I will do with him. He will miss his brothers but we will be able to enjoy a little more one on one time. And I will enjoy a little naptime/me time.
Happy back to school everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment