My little man has turned 3! Wow! He is getting too big! Here's a conversation we had on his birthday:
Me "why are you having a birthday"
Jaxon "because I am growing up"
Me "well, who will be my baby now"
Jaxon "you will have to get a new baby"
Me "where do I get one"
Jaxon "you buy it at the store"
Me "well why do you have to get so big?"
Jaxon "I have to grow up so I can cook with my dad. I have to be big to help him cook"
Anyway, since Benjamin was heading out of town on Sunday, we celebrated Jaxon's birthday on Saturday. We started off the day with a 5k. It was fitness week at the boys school and they had a family fitness day on Saturday. The boys had no idea what"5k" meant, they just thought it was a race. So when the starting gun went off they took off as fast as they could. It wasn't too long before they slowed their pace and we actually ended up with a mix of walking and jogging. But we all made it to the finish line and I was so proud of them for not giving up. It was tough and I won't say there wasn't any whining, but they persevered to the end. And I think even they will admit now that it was pretty fun.
The boys at the starting line
Yea! We did it!
Of course we had to head to MacDonalds for some nuggets and playground time. Jaxon had requested a "dinosaur cake with teeth and claws" so of course I had to comply. We had a fun time celebrating with him.
We are so lucky he is part of our family. I often have to tease Benjamin that if had been up to him, we wouldn't have Jaxon. He was done after we had 3. But we are both thankful to have such a sweet spirit in our home. He has the funnest little personality. I just loving hearing "I have a kiss for you". And I know Benjamin loves it that Jaxon always wants to be with his dad. If Dad is going somewhere Jaxon has to go along. How blessed we are to have another wonderful boy!







5 comments:
He is a darling! You are lucky to have four awesome boys! WE love you all
Very cute! Love the cake, NICE job! They get big too fast! Love that you can get another little one at the store, who knew?
Happy Birthday Jaxon!!! I can't believe he is 3 crazy!!! Super cute cake.
He is such a cutie :) Happy Birthday Jaxon!
Congratulations on the 5k! It's great to get them going when they are young. Jaxon is so cute. I can't believe he's 3!? Time flies. We are glad you two had a #4 too. They are all fun kids, and Jaxon definitely has that something special. Happy Birthday Jaxon!
Post a Comment