Thursday, March 18, 2010

St Paddy's Fun

What a happy bunch!.
St Patricks Day, being a day filled with green, is never complete without feasting on meals of green food.  At least at our house.  Benjamin endures my craziness as I think of how many ways I can prepare green food, and the kids think it is great fun.  Nathaniel loves the holiday becasue it is filled woith his favorite color.
For breakfast, green waffles and green (orange) julius
And for dinner - green pasta with chicken and broccoli, green jello jigglers, green clover rolls, green beans, and green koolaid.  Followed by green cupcakes with green frosting and green sprinkles.  Could we get anymore green?




We had a little excitment at the school on Tiesday.  I was spending the afternoon volunteering in the classrooms.  Just as I was finishing with the first class the fire alarm went off.  The teacher was surprised because they hadn't been notified of a fire drill.  So the entire school files out onto the field.  Soon we find out that it was the real deal and they were waiting for the fire department to come.  The teachers start to spread throughout the field to innitiate games with the children who were getting increasingly restless.  45 minutes later we were cleared to re-enter the school.  And the cause?  a 6th grader set fire to a garbage can in a bathroom.  The school smelled aweful but we were just relieved it wasn't more serious.  Except for that kid who hopefully learned his lesson about playing with fire.

5 comments:

Andie said...

Looks like we should be "green" with envy! Sounds fun~
I'm a day late with st. patricks day fun green dinner tonight its corn beef and cabbage and green desert.

Pays said...

We had to pull out the green at our house,too! I wasn't as good as you with dinner and breakfast. We just had a leprechaun leave a pot of gold for the kiddies...complete with Lucky Charms Cereal for breakfast. ( I know I went all out!)

Holly said...

Love all the green food. We enjoy St. Patrick's Day at our house also. I don't do green foods but we do Corned Beef and cabbage potatoes and carrots. And it is nice cause Kennen went to Ireland so I have some fun recipes I use from there also.. :)

Newlyweds4Ever+2 said...

When I run out of green food coloring I'll know where to go. Mom used to do fun things like this when I was a kid. Green pancakes and eggs were definitely favorites around our house. Mom really got into the holidays, but I won't even get into April Fools day...

Cheyenne said...

So fun, I love it!