Monday, February 15, 2010

Feelin' the Love

We had a nice week of valentine's love.  This year I decided to make the kids valentines rather that buy them.  With the actual holiday falling on Sunday the class parties were held on Friday.  I spent half of last week constructing 76 candy airplanes or really helping the boys construct them.  They were really cute but I was glad when it was done.  They all had fun parties and came home toting bags of loot.
I decided to spend the week giving Benjamin's little gifts everyday.  So each day I left one of his favorite things hiding somewhere he would find it.  It was fun to come up with new places to hide things and then wait in anticipation until he would find it.
After all the usual craziness of Saturday, we went to Salt Lake for my family's monthly birthday party.  We ate yummy food and the "boys" played a roaring game of basketball - the "oldies" against the "youngsters".  It was quite entertaining.
Sunday we decided to stay home and celebrate together.  We made a "fancy" dinner (that's what the boys called it) and enjoyed an afternoon of hanging out.  We ate steak and shrimp among other side dishes, I even made everyone their own fancy dish of red jello and whipped cream.  We drank sparkling cider in "fancy" glasses and even set the table with candles and flowers (although you'll notice in the picture that I haven't found a tablecloth to fit my big square table so we had to make do with a close fit).  It was quite the occassion and the kids thought it was so cool.  After enjoying the warm weather (40's) with a walk around the neighborhood, we devoured heart shaped chocolate cake with whipped cream and chocolate curls.  We rounded out the day with a love movie "Shark Tale", that's as close to a love story as the boys will choose and after all -the fish do fall in love.
Ok, this looks really bad but it's very innocent and very cute
Jaxon trying to lick the jello out of the cup

For several weeks Ethan has been asking to make a tent in the living room and then sleep in it.  Since there was no school today we decided last night would be a good night for it.  Using most of the sheets and blankets we could find we constructed a tent that took up most of the living room.  The kids had a great hideout for the night.  Jaxon is the only one who didn't make it through the night in the tent, he ended up in his bed.
Notice the clothes hanging on chairs.  They are setup to campout for days. 
I don't think I can give up the whole living room for that long.

We hope you all felt the love this valentines day.

2 comments:

Holly said...

You are the best mom ever... Would you like two more boys??? I love your hair, looks very very cute.

Erin P. said...

I fancy dinner with four boys, I bet that was entertaining. Sounds like you enjoyed the weekend :)