This weeks highlights:
1. A Proud Day!
I have been suffering from sinus headaches for about 3 months now. I figured it was allergies or the changing weather or something. This week I decided I'd had enough. It started making my entire body ache. I went to the doctor where it was determined to be a sinus infection. So I headed home hoping that the antibiotic would ease my woes. The next couple of days were rough as I fought a persistent fever that accompanied the infection. The first day that I was feeling bad the boys all sat around the table making me get well cards. They were so cute. The next morning I was laying in bed and I could hear them conspiring. Soon they all came carrying a cookie sheet on which was a bowl of cereal, a bowl of cutup apples, and a glass of juice. "We brought you breakfast cause your sick, mom". Talk about touching. I felt proud to have such sweet, thoughtful boys. By the way I am feeling much better, no more fever to battle just a head that needs to clear up a little more.
2. The Final Days of Sunshine
As we bid summer farewell, it's nice to enjoy the rare sunny days of fall. Friday we met up with my brother Jon and his family at the park for a picnic. Our kids love to play together and they all get along really well. As the kids ran and played, the adults relaxed in the warm sun. Although I was still feeling a little down, it felt great!
3. The Beauty of Gift Cards
We have a pretty good pile of gift cards to various places that we've accumulated in different ways. Last night we decided to go have a family night out and use a few. We ate at Red Robin and then saw Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. It was a fun night out and it didn't cost us a penny. Pretty good for a family of 6.
4. Warm Weather Sledding
This morning we met up with some of the Palmers for some ice blocking. We ended up getting there late since finding ice blocks in Provo was harder than I expected. After 45 minutes, I was successful in my hunt (thank you Maceys) and we headed to the park. The kids had a blast sliding down the hill. They all actually got to the point where they could get down the entire hill without falling off the ice. The funny part of this is that when I told the boys we were going ice blocking, Caleb came out dressed in his winter coat, gloves, and a ski mask. I had to explain that it's like sledding but in the summer, so he wouldn't need his coat.
5. Keeping in Touch
Some friends of ours had a baby over the weekend so we went for a visit to take them dinner. We haven't seen them for a while so it was nice to catch up and see their sweet new baby girl. I had a blast shopping for some outfits to take and Caleb was convinced we needed to get the baby some bibs. We first met them when they moved in down the road from us in Springville and they had one little girl. Now they live in Nephi and this is baby number 4. It's crazy where time goes. We had a really nice visit, hopefully it won't be so long until the next one.
I guess that's it. Benjamin is off on another hunt, this time helping my sister get her trophy deer (her first time hunting, her husband put her in for the tag). So it's me and the boys and a stack of movies. Aahhh, the life.
3 comments:
Your boys may be crazy boys sometimes, but they sure are sweet. We miss you guys!
I am glad that the infection has subsided. I know those can be nasty! I am glad that Nathaniel, Ethan, Caleb and Jaxon took such good care of you. Take Care!
I'm glad you didn't have the flu!!! So had did your kids like the movie? I've been debating whether to take the girls to see it.
Post a Comment