Friday, September 4, 2009

A rock collection?

.... not the greatest idea.
Ethan has been collecting rocks for several years. It's kinda been his thing. It's been a good hobby for him. He has some really cool rocks and some really boring, plain, street rocks (that I'm sure he sees value in for some reason). Last week the rock collection idea took a turn for the bad. When Benjamin got home from one of his elk trips, he brought some cool rocks he had found on the mountain. Later that day we found Ethan in the bathroom washing the rocks (he keeps his collection very clean). We informed him that washing rocks is a project to be done in the garage sink and sent him on his way. As I cleaned the layer of dirt from the sink, I had to swallow a shriek. In the washing he had dropped a rock into the sink and as a result there was a huge crack running the width of the sink. The water was dripping through into the cabinet below. Benjamin said later "I have to keep telling myself 'it's just a sink, it's just a sink'". I still haven't found out what that repair s going to cost. For now there is no sink use in the boys bathroom. (Deep breath).
The next morning the boys were looking at the rocks in the living room when Jaxon decided to let Ethan have a closer look at a rock (read:send it flying towards his face). It hit below the eye resulting in a nice shiner. The picture really doesn't do it justice, and it got worse as days went on.I think we will let the rock collection rest in the closet for a while.

4 comments:

Pays said...

It's only a sink....It's only a sink.....It's only a sink...lol! One day you will look back and laugh at it :) Until then, I would keep the rock collection put away too!

Melissa Lasley said...

Poor Ethan, hopefully he feels better soon!

Holly said...

Oh my!!! It is only a sink. Are you laughing yet??? If you don't find humor in everything life is just not the same. I hope Ethan's eye gets feeling better soon.

Kari said...

Oh man, boys will be boys. The thing it reminds me of is that Jacob used to come around our neighborhood selling rocks when he was little. Maybe the rock thing runs in the family :)